2 positives, 1 negative... so confused

I am so confused. Sort of a spin off from another question I asked in the TTC catergory. Last night I took an equate brand pregnancy test. It was positve. This morning I took another one, it was again positive. Later today I took a First Responce, but I wasn't able to pee long enough, but it still did something. It was negative. I have another first responce that I planned on taking in the morning. I am just confused. Anyone else had this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am not all that impressed with first response tests. I took a cheapie test and got a clear positive this pregnancy with my twins! I had picked up the first response as "true" confirmation..and the positive was SO faint that i really had to twist and a turn the test to see the line... I'd say if you got 2 in a row before this one then your probably pregnant.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Equate is HORRIBLE!!! They do give false positives. They are about the worst of any store brand test, you're better off with the ones from the Dollar Tree / Dollar General. Use your first response with FMU. First response 2 packs (often with "bonus" 3rd tests) sell at walmart here for $8, and every package has a $2 off coupon in the instruction pamphlet. I don't even know how much the equate ones cost, but they can't be enough less to make them worth buying.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• go to a clinic. it will save u lots of headaches and u will know for sure.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• believe it or not but the doller ones are the best the show up the earlyest i took a test a week before i was late and got a faint pos then a week later and got a pos so i bought a 12 doller test one that had the blue lines clear blue i think it was and nothing showed up so i went to the dr and well im 11 weeks prego now...so i say go buy a cheap test and see what it says and make a call to ur doc
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• thats helpful. lol. a handful of people hate equate and the other hate first responce. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Well I've never had a problem with tests. My guess is early pregnancy. You took one last night and again this morning(after sleepingall night and having a high concentration of HCG) both posiitve. The had something to drink and took another test after you diluted out what hormone was there. Use the last first response test in the morning before you drink anything. Pee into a cup and dip it. That way you know it has enough urine to register an accurate response.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I agree that the dollar store tests, or the cheap store brand, work best. If one is messed up, I do not worry about how much money I spent on the damn thing. My rule of thumb is, If I get one positive HPT, the next day I go to the OBGYN office (you can usually just go in without an appointment if it is just for a preg test) and take one there. If it is positive, then I start my prenatal care. I do not trust HPT enough.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 4:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• congradulations you are pregnant most likley - one was because you didnt use fmu and because you may have not used enogh urine.
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i agree dollar store test are great!!!! i got a + before i was due for aunt flow they are more sensative to first response they suck and are very very light even when +
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Get one of those digital ones, no reading lines! :)
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010