how do i punish my 4 yrs old son for running out side

when he get up set

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• make him clean his room....time out.....take dirty laundry and put where it goes....dust....take aways his fav toy...make him think about what he did that was wrong and tell you why it was wrong....you need to explain to him that what he didnt isnt safe for him to do let him now he did wrong and why it was wrong
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Where did your DS learn to spell bad words?? My DD is four and they are working on her name in school.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 1:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Outside where? Backyard? Playground? The only place my daughter is not allowed to run is inside and away from me at the store.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I am not sure I understand you question but if you are at home, you can always buy the locks that are high up so he cannot reach them TO run outside. If you are in public, I would make my daugter knows if can't see her someone can take her.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• OP, Is there someone that you can leave him with a time or two, so that he knows that going to the store is a privilege to be earned? If he runs outside, then he doesn't get to go for a while.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:02 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• For a 4yo, leaving the house, and especially leaving the yard, is dangerous. I would give him a serious talking to and a good spanking.
    Twinsmomjill

Answer by Twinsmomjill at 11:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• talk with him and timeout!
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 12:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Talk to him then take him so place private(like a bathroom). Pull down his pants and spank his bare bottom. Its too serious to play games with. He could get hit by a car or someone could snatch him up.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i would explain that it is something dangerous, that he can't do, and keep the door shut and locked. if he goes outside, give him a time out or whatever punishment you choose. be firm.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I would keep the doors locked, and keep the lock out of his reach. And if he still does it I would use times outs or take away tv or some other privilege. What ever you do stick with it so he knows your serious.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2010