should l spank my 4 yrs old son for writing on the wall bad words

bad words

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• what kind of bad words? where did he learn them?

my dd is 4 and can only spell her name and the words "no", "dad", "mom", "sam" (her brother), and "dog" and "cat" so i'd be amazed if she spelt bad words that i never taught her how to spell
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• ONLY as a last resort, if speaking with him doesn't work. Does he do it often? Have you explained to him that writing on walls and writing on walls in bad words is not acceptable? How does your four-year-old know how to spell bad words?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Oh I don't believe you at all.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Scratch the first part of my answer. After re-reading your question, how in the hell does your son know how to spell those words anyway? Most kids his age barely know how to write their name.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• eye rolling

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No, just say, "You shouldn't write on the f------ walls!"

Seriously though, this sounds like a bogus question, especially with all the extra posts you added. Troll?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If this is true, I think you should FIRST speak with your Dad for teaching him how to spell bad words. Second, does he know what the words are that he is writing? My daughter is almost 4 and can write some words but not a lot and if anyone taught her how to spell bad words I would flip out on them, not my kid.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 3:40 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The parents need the spanking.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If this is true - maybe you should be happy your child is so bright, clean up the language around him and whomever taught him how to spell the bad words, should probably teach your child something more productive - like how to spell words he will actually be able to use in school.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• For now, just talk to him and warn him that if he does it again then he will be getting a spanking.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2010