anyone missing their moms cooking this year?

turkey dinneri am she is in a different state. there is nothing like mom's cooking....

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• thanks God I'm not going to miss mama's food! I'm going over to her house 1st thing in the morning to help her finish up cooking but I'm not touching the dressing that's the best thing on the table and nobody cooks like mama :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I missed it last year buuut Not this year....on my way in the a.m.~~~
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• NOPE! I haven't eaten her cooking in many years. She used to cook some awesome *deer* backstrap, but that's been years ago. I won't be attending the Thanksgiving lunch she is going to be at because I really don't care to be around her. Long story for another post....
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I've been doing the cooking for the family for the last 10 years. My mom died in August 2000. I just miss her period. This was her favorite time of year. She loved to cook and made a huge meal for Thanksgiving even thought it was just her, my dad, me and my brother. I do basically the same thing and it's just me, my husband and our kids. Saturday would have been her 62nd birthday.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Not at all. Her cooking these days is VERY bland. I like my mother-in-law's and husband's cooking. I'm thankful they're doing the cooking tomorrow.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No, I love my cooking much better :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My Mom died in 1988. But she didn't really like to cook. And I LOVE to cook.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 25, 2010