How could I get my kids to bed without having to use the night???

They are 5 and 2 and man my electric is soooooooo high because for some reason they think they have to have the light on even though the door is open and the blind is pulled up in their room. I really need help...

heath_angels6

Asked by heath_angels6 at 3:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

• idk...maybe get an energy saving one...do they make those? lol but thats all i can think of or maybe use other lights less if they wont let theirs go.
    bennysmom519

Answer by bennysmom519 at 3:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• give them a flashlight from the dollar store. They can make shdow puppets while they fall asleep to keep their mind off the dark.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Why don't you get them a nightlight?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• What about a lamp or night light with an energy efficient bulb? The light itself shouldn't be using that much power. If your bill is really high, try looking for other causes -- poor insulation around windows and doors or in the attic if you have one. a/c or heat running too often, hot water leak.  Maybe post a question about energy saving tips, as well. 

Anonymous