when i should i start potty training what age my daughter is 3.5

leeanne23

Asked by leeanne23 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Probably now would be good
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If she's ready. My son is finally going potty in his little potty. His problem is that he squats over the seat like he's giving birth. That really doesn't concern me because I am glad he can make the connection.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• When SHE wants to. When she's ready to ear big girl panties she'll let you know. The age is different for every child.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 1:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• she might be saying she's ready, but her body might not be ready. If she's still peeing in her underwear, she's not ready. But don't spank her! How is that going to help her pee?
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 2:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Learning how to use the potty is crazy thing. With both my kids, it didn't matter how ready I was, they really didn't get the hang of it until THEY were ready. I would not spank her if she did not use the potty though, (you did ask that right?) you COULD try a reward system if you wanted to do something. For my daughter I put her potty chair in the living room so that she would not be too far from it when she had to go potty. I think this helped out a lot. Good luck to you and to her.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If you think she's ready, let her try it, BUT don't spank her for accidents. It's potty TRAINING, not potty boot camp. :) She IS going to have accidents, be prepared for that. Take extra clothes with you when you go somewhere, and put a trash bag or plastic under her car seat in the car. Accidents WILL happen.

If she gets it in a couple of weeks, great, but if not, maybe she WANTED to be ready, but wasn't. My niece didn't potty train until 4 yrs old and had accidents for a long time after that.

BTW, potty training during the day, doesn't mean that she won't continue to wet at night for a while, so maybe pull ups or diapers at night. Good luck, but let her take the lead. It's HER bladder. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:07 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• at 3.5 she should be potty trained, but dont spank her if she has an accident.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 12:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i would suggest starting when she's ready, don't spank her if she has an accident. my kids were both trained by a year (day and night) so... she's well past the time.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• You should start when they are ready otherwise it is a labor of frustration.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• We started with my son when he was around 1 1/2 years old. We didn't push it, but he was just ready and was potty trained a week before his 2nd birthday.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010