How often do you read to your child???

Just for fun!! I read my (13 month old) 4 or 5 books a night. I have heard stats that most households don't even have age appropriate books. I think that is sad... so I want to hear from fellow readers : )

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started reading to my babies from the day I brought them home from the hospital. I read to them every single night and sometimes during the day. Even when they were teens they wanted me to read the traditional Christmas stories to them.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 1:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My son loves to bring me about 10 books right before bedtime. I then make my 5 year old point to the words as I read so she can learn sentence recognition.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• my daughter is 6, and she has ALWAYS hated being read to...reading is such a stuggle with her, but we still read at least 2-3 books a day
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Everyday..usually 4 books or more..my kids love me reading to them. Even my 18 month old will sit on my lap and listen
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I read to my boys a couple of times a day. Their favorite character is either Walter the Farting Dog or Froggy.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 1:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i read to my 2 an 5 yr old sud-thurs..i let them have fri-sat off unless they bring the books to me to read bfore bed..but we enjoy reading Dr Suess(ryhmng concepts an sentence recognition),Winnie the Pooh,Berastain Bears, an Jump Start(which comes in stages) books..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I read with my son everyday. ...
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Every day, several times a day. We don't do television so books are our entertainment and relaxation. About three to four books at night, but since he is four, they are usually chapter books now. We check out art books for kids of famous paintings and copy them or use them as inspiration for our own creations. We act out puppet shows based on stories we have read. During the day a blanket over the table is a tent and a flashlight for reading is a must. I can't imagine a world without books. We even compare books and stories for discussion. When my friends ask why his vocabulary is so high I smile and say we read. They don't completely get it because they read too - just not in the same way.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• We read 2 books at bedtime. I've been doing that since he was a few months old, he's 3 now. We also read any other time he asks us to, which is pretty often because he loves books.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 11:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My 4 year old won't let me read to her during the day she will "read" to herself during the day.
    At night I have to read Rapunzel to her before bed. This was even WAY before Tangled that she started wanting me to read it to her.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:04 AM on Nov. 25, 2010