does your family give thanks before the big feast ?

mine does/ they are quite religious.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• No, but then we never pray before a meal and we're not the type to sit around telling what we've been thankful for all year.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• not really....my parents are christian, they pray before every meal (its always the exact same thing that they say), and on thanks giving, easter and christmas, they say a lil more than what they normally do..but we dont all go around the table and say what were thankful for or anything like that
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes we do....
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 2:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My family (the one I was raised in) and I don't get together for TG but they pray (very showily at home & in public) the same exact prayer at every meal which makes me feel like it's more of a performance thing than truly thanking God for food. At TG it was always the same thing again with a little extra added, the same thing every year. My FAMILY (friends that are closer than family) will get together today and we are all so thankful for each other and our kids that I am sure we will have some type of prayer or sharing of some sort. As a note, I don't think that God really likes showy repetition of prayers. I am pretty sure He is more concerned with our hearts and what is in them than mundane words that are never sincere.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2010