What's the point of answering questions anonymous?

So this is an anonymous post I got to a question I posted and I was not happy about it. I was just wondering, what's the point of answering anonymous? I understand asking questions anonymously but if you don't want someone to know who you are when answering a question, I personally believe you shouldn't answer it....

This came after I described a situation which pertained to my roommate, her ex, my boyfriend and I. I am pregnant and no, I am not married....

"You and BF....and you are pregnant...and this checken and hen thing is THAT important?
If I were pregnant and single, I would have a lot more to worry about than a damn chicken! good lord,woman!"

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 2:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Most people who answer anon are doing so in a rude way. They have a rude answer they don't want to attach their SN to. The ones I really don't get are the normal answers who choose to be anon. I'm like, huh??
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• To make absolutely no sense like that poster did about your question. Or to be an asshole. I'll go with that.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I post normal answers and always post anon. That way I don't feel bad if someone doesn't like it because they don't know who exactly said it. What can I say - I'm a wuss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Call me dingy, but how do you answer a question anonomously? LOLninja

mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 3:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My avatar makes me look like I am guinea pig. I enjoy this site too much to act like a jackass when answering questions. But if I ever am, don't get mad at me, get mad at Ranger the guinea pig because he's a real pain in the butt.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I just don't see the point of using it to answer in rude ways. We're all grown women (or at least I thought we were) and should be able to give each other honest opinions. It may start a little feud but that's life, it's just worse when someone says something that rude and hides behind anon.
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I don't think level 12 can answer anon.
    I answer anon once in a while.
    Because I may refer to very personal feelings.
    I say things because I believe them.
    I am sarcastic, but it usually for humor.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:05 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• So people don't know who they are and bash them for giving what they feel is a truthful answer.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i am still confused about the chicken and hen part
    was this part of the orginal question
    or is this some kind of slam??

i get the other part of the rude comment
    and in answer to your question, some people will be rude
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/653720/How_would_you_feel?cat_id=&result=answer_vote&success=1&order=&next=1

this is the question where some troll made her being single or married a point when she was just talking about a cooked chicken marinating when it was already cooked. and people knew to buy uncooked

that is quite a odd tangent even for a troll!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2010