Government cuts foodstamps?

Hey I just heard from a friend that the Government is going to cancel food stamps! I hear that other stuff is being cut too like school assistance for college and the mentaly retarted. I am vary nervous about this I cant even sleep. Do you know if it is true?

Nerdymama

Asked by Nerdymama at 2:21 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Haven't heard anything about the food and nutrition program(FS) but i've heard about college funding.....
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I haven't heard anything about any of this. I thought financial assistance was being changed through the health care bill and restricted to only few select banks.

Did your friend mention what source she gets her political information from?  If not, you might want to ask.  I wouldn't bother losing sleep over something unless you can confirm that it's true.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I haven't heard anything to this, but I don't watch the news very much. If they do cut food stamps, which more and more people seem to need these days, I hope government is smart enough to cut taxes as well. But I don't think you have much to worry about there.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:07 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Michigan cut theirs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• http://www.theatlantic.com/food/archive/2010/11/why-we-shouldnt-cut-food-stamps-to-pay-for-school-lunch/66913/

There's an article about cutting food stamps to pay for school lunch. I'm in favor of a parent making a child a sandwich and sending them to school with that like I have done, my parents did, and many of my friends do. Feeding my children is my job and not the governments. Actually, feeding myself is my job and not the governments.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Remember that a gov big enough

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I thought financial assistance was being changed through the health care bill and restricted to only few select banks.

I should have clarified this.  I thought financial assistance for college was being run through select banks.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I have NOT heard anything about cutting food stamps. And I really don't think you have that much to worry about that it would cause you to lose sleep. Are you dependant on Food Stamps? ANd it is mentally RETARDED, not retarted. And just stay calm.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• thre is no way an intelligent person would believe that our government would even CONSIDER completely cutting the food stamp program. they know that that would create riots and anarachy , no. our government is not quite that foolish. will they cut things here and there slowly? more than likely. I believe the very last thing they would touch is food stamps. why someone would listen to propoganda , heresay, drama gossip is beyond me.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 6:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Scare tactics, I wouldn't worry about it....

Answer by older at 8:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2010