Have you ever???

Had random people come up to you and tell you, “God loves you"How does this make you feel?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 2:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It would probably make me feel AWKWARD , but I would try to hide that with a simple 'Thank you' or 'I appreciate it'. I don't like discussing religion or politics IRL with people I don't know well, so the awkward feeling would be from a fear that they would drag me into a discussion I don't want to be in, but if that's all they really say that's fine. Same thing when people say they'll pray for your family, etc. I appreciate the sentiment behind it, even if I'm not sure my beliefs are the same as theirs.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• 'everyone else thinks you're an idiot'......

People like that really irritate me...
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes. blank stare<---   My usual reaction or response. Sometimes though my reaction is--->throwing up 

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes I have and I try to just ignore them
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 2:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No this hasn't happened. If it did I'd say yes he does, thank you, and go on my way.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I have actually. I worked in a restaurant for a LONG time and we are in a very Christian town. Not only did I have people tell me "God Loves You" but I actually had people try and lay hands on me for prayer when I was pregnant with my oldest... Honestly, the only feeling I get is complete offense! I simply don't see the reason for it... I can't imagine they would appreciate it very much if (and when) I told them the Goddess Loved them or trying to include them in a ritual or blessing... So I frankly don't appreciate it on the other side... If you want to pray for me - go for it, but the whole "laying on of hands" is just creepy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I must admit it makes me feel a little awkward. Its as if they are telling me something that I don't already know. I reply "I know He does but thank you anyway."
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I always feel that they are assumng too much and so conceited to think they have a direct line to God....which is impossible!How do they know that God loves me? Yikes.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Sometimes those angels appear n other forms....
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• yes, i always told them that i knew he did, but now that i dnt believe in him, i just nodd.I respect what they believe& try not to get into a big debate about it.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:37 AM on Nov. 25, 2010