Are any of you ladies overweight? Do your hubbys love you still?

Did you gain the weight after you'd been with him for awhile?

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 3:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• My marriage is built on more than just looks. DH loves me more today then ever, and yes I have gained. Then again, so has he.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• when i met my husband i weight 140 i was slim in shape(im 5'8) but when i give birth to my babygirl i went all the way up to 220 yup know i cant get the weight off of me and its been 8 mnths since i had my girl--he says he loves me more because i give birth to hes daughter and went through all the pain-- i believe him but im still uncomfortable with myself-- im trying to create a group for us woman that need motivation and support to lose the weight that we want and be healthy too..ill let you know when i have it ready--its going to be here on cm good luck : )
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 4:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My DH and I met almost 11 yrs ago and while we are still technically divorced, we are back together and married in the eyes of who matters: each other and God. We reunited a yr and a 1/2 ago and in these 11 yrs, I have gone from 220 when we met to 330 now. He loves me for me and would never want to change anything about me that I myself didn't want to change. The only reason I would want to lose weight would be to be healthier. I am looking at needing to do gastric bypass for only this reason. My DH put it best when I asked him about my weight gain over the years and if he could change that about me - would he? He said to me: "I love you for you and everything about you. If you lost weight I'd love you if you gain more weight I'd love you - and build bigger doorways for you!" What a sweetheart! =) I <3 my DH!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Honestly, most men I've spoken to prefer a woman with some chunk on her. Those men who prefer perfect, pencil thin women, are usually so concerned with body image it's annoying and you wouldn't want to be with that kind of guy anyway. The truth of the matter is, more T&A is always desirable to most men. If that means a bigger tummy too, so what is their attitude. I've met some of my husband's "past" and LOL...I told him sometimes I think he'd prefer me a little heavier. When I gained weight during pregnancy, he was all over it and when I was skinnier...well, he wasn't so intrigued. Why? He liked more T&A! LOL. If your husband is all over you, then I wouldn't worry about it. You should have a frank discussion with hima bout your body image if you're worried about it. Let him decide what he likes. If it works for you guys...then great!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• my dh loves bbw (big beautiful women) so he's fine with me!
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• You know what...at this point...I don't give a shit about what he thinks about my weight or appearance. Let me explain. When we met back in 1990 I was supermodel slim with curves. As the years went on, my thyroid stopped working and I started gaining weight. I got as far as 250lbs and he wouldn't come near me cause I was fat. About five 1/2 years ago I had gastric bypass and came down to as far as 135 and then guess what he did, he went out and had an affair with a FAT, nasty looking cum dumpster. So, the moral of the story is...again, I don't give a shit about what he thinks or wants as far as my appearance is concerned, I need to do what makes me happy and makes me love me.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• well, if I get thinner, my DH grumbles,he told me, he loves women fleshy!
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 11:37 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I was a little chubby when we met, but after 2 kids and a sedentary job, and my love of food. I gained probably 60 lbs over the past 15 years. He loves me just the same. We are going to the gym and trying to get the weight off, but it is always a struggle. He always says that he loves something to hold on to. So I have bunches for that
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• if it was about physical appearance only, we wouldn't be married
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I weighed 175 in high school and when we started dating, got married at 185 and had two babies both weighing in at 9 months at about 250. He says he thought I was sexy then, we were doing the do 3 weeks after each baby, I'm not sure how because I was not happy with the way I looked! I weigh 190 now, I have some sexy curves IMO and I know he appreciates those same curves I do :)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:02 AM on Nov. 25, 2010