Serious Question?!

Why are we so demarcated? You have to be either a Republican or a Democrat, there is no such thing as a moderate anymore. If you don't believe EXACTLY what one party or the other wants you to believe you are screwed. Is it true you have to be one thing or the other and there is no middle ground? Are there any people out there that believe that some of what one party says is good and some of what the other party says is just as true?

kmath

Asked by kmath at 4:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree. I am really tired of hearing about blue and red states and party lines. These people were elected to serve their country not their party.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i just vote for whoever I think is the best candidate, regardless of party. I don't get the Party thing either.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Of course there is a middle ground!

Answer by older at 7:05 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• IDK, but your are right. It sure seems you have to choose sides, and I don't want to. There are things I agree with from both sides, and I'd consider myself a middle-grounder. On CM though, that's not really a good thing, it seems.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I take it you haven't heard of the TEA Party, Independents, Libertarians or Constitutionalists?! They would all be "middle grounders!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• This is how the Republicans and Democrats have set it up ... they've made impossible for third parties to run with their stupid rules on campaigning and how one gets on the ballot. If this is any clue that the RNC and DNC are in cahoots, I don't know what is.

Theres no left or right Albrecht

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• "I take it you haven't heard of the TEA Party, Independents, Libertarians or Constitutionalists?! They would all be "middle grounders!" "

Third party, yes... but I've yet to meet a Tea Partier who isn't as Red as can be. (And isn't it ironic that once it was better to be dead than Red...how things chage!)

Answer by gdiamante at 11:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2010