Know anything I can use to get rid of Shingles?

Dr. meds aren't working. I was using a powder Ultma Gold Bond. But our Wal-Mart stopped carrying it. Any suggestions? Its very painful and keeps coming back.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Health

• Here are some ideas for relief, but they don't help get rid of the shingles. The first one with the alcohol should not be used if the sores have opened because the alcohol will sting. Good luck. I hope it doesn't last long.

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/articles/170/medicines-and-remedies/home-remedies-for-shingles.html
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I also meant to say you can Google home remedies.
    elizabr

• See if the doctor can give you a different medicine. They have a few. I've had it, its not fun you might get phantom pain in the area for a while after the spots are gone. Check in cvs, target, osco and other places for the gold bond, I think I have bought it in cvs and target.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• A family member had it. She soothed the rash with tea tree oil and a pain-a-trate cream that I have and has no scaring...she took her meds from the Dr. and she took oregano oil capsules. It was gone within a week or so. She also got lots of rest and ate really well. Well she eats entirely organic veggies and fruits..BUT you have got to relax and take it easy. No stress in your life can be allowed in..it is a sign that you MUST take care of yourself right now. So if you can spend some time in bed reading anything uplifting as often as you can...watch some movies that make you happy. Other peoples problems can not be yours right now. Learn to do some yoga breathing and maybe some gentle yoga if you are not already. Kind of learn to mentally release stress in your life because it is a nerve issue..it can last for over a year if you are not careful. Peace...I hope you feel better. when its gone get the vaccine.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• not sure but here's a bump
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Maybe you are too stressed ? I have heard shingles can flare up due to stress. Look up some ways to unwind or manage stress.

sulkygirl79

Answer by sulkygirl79 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 26, 2010