Are you willing?

Obama is our President-elect, whether you like it or not.

If you're a McCain supporter, are you willing to put our differences aside, and show the world that we are ONE nation?

Are you willing to help our new President get our country back on track?

Are you willing to show the world that we are not divided, we have confidence in ourselves and our elected leaders, and that together we stand strong?

Let's stop fighting. Let's stop talking about abandoning this wonderful country...hearing that hurts.

Let's start working together, and maybe soon, we once again will become the envy of the rest of the world.

msmoody

Asked by msmoody at 3:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• no because even though he is our president that doesnt mean i have to be happy about it and agree with it. thats what makes this country so awesome i have the right to that.

so no i wont put my differences aside because i still have my beliefs.

(im not starting fights with people though so that one i dont even have to stop)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You mean like how the liberal's treated President Bush? Sure thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Great theory, but it will never happen with 99.9% of the people..
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 3:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• BTW msmoody- thanks for trying to lighten the mood and inspire, it shows your character in rising above all the regular hostile postings.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Nobody saying you have to like it. Of course you have the right NOT to.

If something's happening that you don't agree with, by all means..protest..write your representatives..do something..

But when our enemies see us so divided and full of hate, it leaves us open and vulnerable.

You can still stand behind your convictions and also be patriotic and pro-America.

When I keep hearing how some of you are wanting to move to Canada..it's really does make me question how patriotic you were in the first place..

and yes, I'm an optimist..

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 3:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I reserve the right to speak out against this government or any government we have in office. I will not just follow the leader blindly just to be nice. That does not mean I will be hateful but that is the beauty of this free country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• good points msmoody well said
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Ok, let's get something straight...Bush earned at LEAST the majority of derision he received. How this country managed to sleep at night after electing him for a SECOND term when he did such a splendid job the first 4 years is beyond me. And to all the anons saying "I have the right to...blah blah blah"...the question wasn't about your RIGHTS, it is about your responsibility. You have a responsibility to defend this country with your heart and soul, regardless of your personal likes and dislikes...and if you aren't able to do that, then you don't deserve to be here, putting the rest of us at risk. In case you haven't noticed, this beautiful, free country is becoming less so by the minute, in part because so many people here only care about themselves, their wants, their needs their rights...while at the same time forgetting why they HAVE those rights.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well maybe if we would Stop taking GOD out of everything. The usa would Get it right. But lets take GOD out lets Kill babies,Dont dare say your a Born Again Christian By the way is obama a (christian or a Born Again Christian?)I voted for Mccain not because he was white but because he stood for what I belive in and what the Bible tells me whats right why did you vote the way you did?
    I just hope evryone gets there life and heart right with God before he comes back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• For Anon 1:54, I voted the way I did because I believe in the things Obama stands for and not in the things McCain/Palin stood for.

If that means I'm not "right with God" by your definition, that's my worry, not yours. Likely I wouldn't be "right with God" in your eyes regardless of my political preference, as I regularly question Him. Again...my problem, not yours. Everyone needs to look to their own souls and consciences and ask the women in their own mirrors what they can live with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008