birth control

do you use it? is it sinnful to use it? are't we suppose to be fruitful and increase in numbers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Generally those who think it's sinful to use artifical birth control (abc) - it isn't because we're suppose to have as many children as possible. It's that abc goes against the purpose and the reason God gave us the gift of sex. Sex is for procreation and to build unity between a husband and wife. Using abc interfers with both these purposes and prevents the body from working the way that God designed it. People see it as rejecting God's gift of fertility to us.

And since life begins at conception, abc that interfers with a fertilized egg implanting in the uterus is an abortifacients - it leads to the death of the baby.

Certainly there are times where it is responsible for a couple to space out having children. Natural Family Planning (NFP) involves monitoring a woman's fertility cycle and abstaining from intercourse when she is fertile. So NFP respects both purposes of sex.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 7:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I believe in God and I am pro-life but I do not think it is sinful to use BC or for that matter the morning after pill!! I believe life starts not at conception but at implantation, and both of those are if used properly and effectively can stop before fertilization. I can understand some women get pregnant on BC, I just think it was meant to be
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes I use it! I was fruitful and multiplied three times already, I think God will forgive me if I take a break.

Seriously, I'm one of those people who doesn't believe the bible should be taken literally.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Im on bc pill and i love it.

most women that think like you (dont get me wrong, its no bashing!) are having lots and lots of kids and cant afford them. They should rather save up their money for the bc pill than having so many kids they cant provide food and/or doctor bills for.

I dont think "your" god wanted them kids to be alive to starve. ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Why would a God want people to multiply in vast numbers when we can't take care of all the children on this earth right now?
    Dewdlemom

Answer by Dewdlemom at 8:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• do you use it? No ( abstinence until I get fixed lol) However I see nothing wrong with condoms, everything else in MY OPINION is interfering with a life, especially since I believe life begins at conception.

is it sinnful to use it? I wouldn't use the word sin

are't we suppose to be fruitful and increase in numbers? I have no clue

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I think birth control as in preventative measures is okay, but things like the day after pill and abortions are morally wrong. Once you have done the act and there is the chance for new life it isnt right to destroy that life or that chance. Prevent the chance.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It depends on what type of BC. The kind that allows fertilization but not implantation makes me sad because it doesn't give your baby a chance. The kind that blocks ovulation and therefore prevents fertilization is good. I got my tubes tied, so I also support BC that provides physical blockades, including condoms, IUD, and others I can't think of right now.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My husband and I don't use any kind of birthcontrol. We believe that God sees our daily lives and He knows when to give us children and when to not. He knows our financial situations and He knows how much we can carry if we trust in Him. We were married for 4 months before we got pregnant, being sexually active, couple times a week. God is our birthcontrol.
    Anonymous

• Well, then be fruitful and have 20 children if that is what you want to do...Not everyone wants that kinda lifestyle. I also believe that all religious texts should not be taken literally. If you really want to sit there and count your sins you will lose count. Just add this to the list I suppose.
    Anonymous