my son's second top front tooth fell out 6 months ago and still the adult tooth hasn't come in that place? is it fine, i'm worried.

mykids57

Asked by mykids57 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It is fine, It tool my DS almost a year before his adult teeth came in. If you are really concerned talk to the denist the next time you go. They can check to make sure he has his adult teeth, although he is probably fine.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Was it knocked out? my son was jumping on his bed and knocked out his front tooth and it took months for the new one to even peek out of the gum

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My daughter lost all 4 of her top front top teeth over a year ago. To date she only has her two front teeth, the other two still haven't come in. At her last dentist visit the dentist x-rayed her mouth to make sure they were there. They are, just not ready to drop down apparently. She said it was common and not to worry.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I'm sure it's fine. If you're really worried, you can take him to a dentist who can do an x-ray to check on the adult tooth.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Teeth can take a long time to come in. I would not worry unless the dentist is concerned.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I agree with KTMOM.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• A quick call to your dentist should reassure you. Also bear in mind that if the tooth was knocked out vs coming out on it's own that it might take a lot longer for it to come in.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010