Turkey - NOT unthawed

This is just wonderful...my turkey is not unthawed all the way...how can I get it to the unthaw faster?? I already took it out of the package.

mom4life333

Asked by mom4life333 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

Level 1 (-45 Credits)
  • let it soak in water for a while

Answer by older at 9:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Put in in a sinkful of cold water,change out the water every 30 min

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Like the others mentioned, sink full of cold water.

Don't take this the wrong way, but people wont learn if nobody points out their mistakes. You are not unthawing the turkey, you are only thawing it. To unthaw, you would be freezing again.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• How frozen is it?
    If it is too frozen, I would get a ham or chicken at the store and make the turkey tomorrow or Saturday. It is not worth the stress to try and do the impossible.
    Our most memorable Thanksgiving was when the electricity went out on Thanksgiving and we roasted hotdogs in the fireplace.
    Don't stress just laugh it off.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Cold water in the sink or you can cook it as long as you started early enough. I still think the thawing times are wrong. I have thawed out a 25 #er at times at the right days and it ws till frozen I just threw it in my cooker at 4 am and let it cook until noon it was ok.It will be alright I promise
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No she correct with unthaw---- unthaw - become or cause to become soft or liquid;
    bailey_rc

Answer by bailey_rc at 4:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2010