For those of you...

who have seen a chiropractor... I went to one yestrday evening for the first time. When I left, I initially felt wonderful. This morning I woke up, and I am extremely stiff and a little sore all over my entire back. Is this normal??

LoveMyKids0203

Asked by LoveMyKids0203 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Health

• Somewhat, it takes a few more visits to really feel relieve.

Answer by older at 9:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• It all depends on the individual.  I felt no relief at all my first time.  It was a gradual process that took a year of regular appointments to go from chronic pain to pain free but it was well worth it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Thanks. All I keep thinking is that I dont want to be one of those people who constantly has to deal with back pain! ugh!
    LoveMyKids0203

Comment by LoveMyKids0203 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• yup, totally normal
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yeah, totally normal. I would go and get realigned before my physical therapy on my ankle, because being on the crutches put my entire body out of wrack. I would feel good to start with, than very sore and stiff the next day, than fine after that.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• yep.....I felt the same way when I first went too!
    Denise859

Answer by Denise859 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yup, very normal...which is why a lot of people don't think a chiropractor actually helps them...because they quit going after the initial visit. It takes a few visits before all the stiffness is worked out...then you can look forward to that "wonderful" for longer periods after your visit :)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2010