More pushing of a failed concept by the Obama adm.

The Obama adm has pushed the green agenda and pushed auto makers to build and promote hybrid cars. They will cause a huge loss for the auto industry. The Obama adm has purchased one in four of the cars made. The public market is in a slump.

"At some point, the reality is that for this technology to be accepted, it needs to be done without a government crutch," said Jeff Schuster, director of forecasting at J.D. Power & Associates in Troy, Michigan. "But without a huge gas-price increase or further government demand, the natural demand just isn't to be there"

http://nation.foxnews.com/hybrid-cars/2010/11/23/obama-administration-buys-one-four-hybrids-consumer-market-slumps

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I know MANY families who have bought so called "green cars", and if they haven't yet,they will. My son is going to buy an electric car in about 4 years.They have set up "charging stations" in his area and close to his place of business. Any large city wth forward-looking populations are welcoming these new changes. My son is also going to install solar panels on his home and hs wife will be starting a garden next spring. We all recycle too.
    This is nothng to be laughed at or sneered at.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• How true. Of course name one thing that has been invented or propped up by government that has become something to brag about.
    The simple facts are the majority of Americans will not be willing to do anything that will not benefit them in some way. Think of that in any way you want but it's true. Something might be good for us (generally speaking) but if it's not convenient or doesn't help us enough to balance the cost then we won't do it. Only hard core eco nuts will purchase these autos because it's not feasible for them to do so. The government giving them 5-10 thousand dollars to help out will in turn hurt the economy. I don't want to pay for joe green to buy an electric car anymore than I want to buy one myself.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• It is called manipulating and controlling the public to force them to do as you want. I use to train horses. If I wanted my horse to turn right but the horse refused, I just turned the horse left until we went in a circle, and we were going right. It was just a little mind over critter.The horse never knew what happened. We are horses being turned left. Maybe, just maybe, we should start paying attention to how we are being steered.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Any large city wth forward-looking populations are welcoming these new changes

Lets see you "forward looking" population come pull someone out of the ditch in the winter in my area.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My son is also going to install solar panels on his home and hs wife will be starting a garden next spring. We all recycle too.

Whooptie doo.I have a passive solar home and plant a garden as well. And gee, I even recycle. And I am just a northern Michigan hick,
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Lets see you "forward looking" population come pull someone out of the ditch in the winter in my area.
    LOL!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Well,now,aren't you just some happy go lucky,positive, joy-spreading, encouraging and uplifting women.
    Go suck a lemon....oh,I bet you already DID! Sour much?
    You need to be more positive or you will suffer from many dfferent health issues that happen as a result of your pessismism and distrust and negativity and obvious anger.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Oh,and in MN we have 2 degrees,ice and snow today but it doesn't bother me, I am used to it.......so, just don't feel too sorry for yourself Crapy. I have never seen such a whiny cry baby posting here as you are.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Hell, even my non-green SUV couldn't pull something out of a ditch, but I've got no need for that out here on the edge of the desert!

Hybrids will do well where they make sense.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2010