mom taught me how to get your husband to make the turkey every year

my dad passed last spring, so time i pass this story on for other women to benefit

first Thanksgiving together (they were married 50 years), for the first one, mom forgot or did not know and left the bag of guts in the turkey and cooked it. Dad joked that he would have to do the turkey every year, and he did

mom told us girls when we were in high school, we love this idea and all planned to screw the turkey up the first year, so our husbands would tak ethis task over

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• and...has it worked for you girls? Too cute, thanks for sharing this with us and isnt it wonderful to have such nice memories to share of our loved ones that have passed on during holidays,,,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• lol. Thats funny. Its the other way around here....I wouldnt trust DH to make it even if I was on my death bed
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• We've been married almost 28 years and he's done every turkey we've ever had. Not that I probably couldn't do it but he actually enjoys it so much why would I want to change it?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• lol :) hahaah thats great! :))
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• LOL. I am sure he would not mind cooking the turkey but I always enjoyed making the turkey and all the rest of the meal every year. :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Nice tale - thank you for sharing. Honestly, I think the turkey is the easiest thing.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 10:48 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• sweet story and memory of your dad!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• MY DH was already cooking for himself when I married, we take turns cooking. He's goin to be helping with Thanksgiving, as well. Team effort. Not just a job for chicks ;-)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I prefer to prepare the turkey. I enjoy it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My grandma always said "Dont learn how to, and they wont expect you to"..... lol...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2010