Does any one's SO behave like that?

My birthday,is on Saturday. DH has never acknowledged it, except during our first year of marriage.Though,I have reminded him today,but I don't know........any of your SO like that too?

joysweet

Asked by joysweet at 11:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• No, after 38 years he is well trained, and knows he better come up with a gift and some kind of birthday wish!!! and he does!

Answer by older at 11:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No, neither of my husbands were like that. sorry. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Do you acknowlege his birthday? If you do, what would he do if you didn't?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• That's horrible! Maybe he has a surprise for you? Otherwise he's just a little brat and that sucks. This is from me:
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear joysweet
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Wow, that really sucks..everyone deserves to be fussed over and made to feel special on their birthday..I'm single now but when I've had boyfriends I usually pull the birthday card the whole week previous to my birthday, ie: It's MY birthday coming up, so we get to do whatever I WANT!! Lol.. I try and milk it the rest of MY BIRTHDAY MONTH too..I blame it on my Mother, she spoiled me..that's my story and I'm sticking to it...maybe you should try and be bratty about it like I am...? Just a thought...wait...that's not why I'm single now...right....? Hmmm....
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No, we don't make a huge deal on my birthday and we cannot always afford to get me a gift. But I am always acknowledged. I am sorry and I will join the others in singing
    Happy Birthday to you!!
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• blowing candles Happy Birthday!  So sorry your hubby is like that. )c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Well.. sort of.. My husband will acknowledge my birthday all week by saying things like "Someone has a birthday in 3 days".. but then my birthday gets here and i'm lucky to get a Happy Birthday at all LOL It is kind of odd... Sorry yours doesnt do or say anything =( Happy early birthday!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I always make sure it's marked on the calendar and mention it several times. He says he doesn't do birthdays. It's true we don't celebrate with cake and gifts but he does make me feel special on my birthday. Don't wait for others to acknowledge your birthday if it's important to you. Get your own cake and sing Happy Birthday to You to yourself while he's in the room. He'll figure it out. We Sagittarius folks are not like other people! We have a great time even if it's by ourselves!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No..my Husband always remembers and acknowledges my bday - even though I don't care about my bday. ha. The one time He didn't was my first bday since We'd gotten Together..but His friend was killed in Iraq (my Husband was there with him, saw his friend dead and everything), and He wasn't able to tell me until my bday, which was the day after Ski was killed. I didn't even care that it was my bday (well, I normally don't..but especially not then), so it wasn't like I was upset. That is a totally understandable reason to forget..He'd just lost someone close to Him, you know?

Anyway..I'm sorry your bday hasn't been acknowledged..some guys just aren't good with dates and such. =[ Happy Birthday to you.

-AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2010