For those who are NOT doing Thanksgiving Dinner...

What are YOU having for dinner?

I think we are having Cheddar Sausage with Red Beans & Rice...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sounds like a boring dinner.
    Anonymous

• Going out for dinner, here! After that, we'll probably be traveling to an appointment we have to be at tomorrow morning.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• you dont have thanksgiving dinner?
    thats so sad =(
    im sorry sabrina but i feel bad for your kids.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• im not, because we already had thanksgiving in canada!! i think were gonna have a chicken stiry fry, with rice and veggies :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• We're not doing Thanksgiving dinner today, simply because our families live clear across the country, and our friends here are celebrating with their families. We're having meatballs and veggies tonight for dinner. We're going to feast and celebrate our wonderful friendships and all we're thankful for tomorrow instead, when our lovely friends are available.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 12:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I am going to pick up our dinner around 2 since i already ordered it. But after more thought I wish I would've just made regular dinner. Since it feels like a regular day around here.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Why would you "feel bad for my kids?" We already had our Thanksgiving Dinner... And they are getting the big family dinner tomorrow... But seeing how neither my DH or I have any Thanksgiving traditions or family to spend the day with, there simply isn't a reason to get all caught up in the hype -- Plus, my kids don't like Turkey.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Pizza sounds good to me. DH and I are working away from home, 1 of our college kids went to Grandma's and the other 2 are spending it together where they both go to college. Traditions are just what you make them to be, I would not want the tradition that I grew up with. I do not enjoy getting together with the whole extended family and everyone is making small talk and pretending to all like everyone just to call each other the next day and gossip about someone else from the get together. We decided years ago to make the holidays what we want them to be not what others think they should be. I mean if you haven't seen or talked to anyone for months and then when you get together you have nothing to talk about - maybe you don't really need to get together.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• left over roast and potatoes

Answer by admckenzie at 12:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• steak, everybody has to work today so we will be having our turkey dinner sometime next week probably.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2010