HELP needed..

Okay, i have asked tons of times for baby name help, but here is a spin on it..

What would you do if you got Preggo and the Father wanted a son named after him, but you knew (from the day you got preg) that He was not going to be in the childs life (or little at all), would you still name the baby, if it were a boy, after the father, or pick out your name?? Here is another "spin" would you do this if you knew it was the Fathers "dying wish"?? If you had a girl, would you use the Fathers initials, somewhow, just so he had someone to carry on his name??
**11-27-10**

the only reason he won't be in the childs life, is due to him dying..

Thank you.

MomtoMichael2

Asked by MomtoMichael2 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Baby Names

• the father is dying and that's why he won't be in the child's life? If I loved the father then I would absolutely at least include the name somehow, especially if a dying wish.....but for my own sanity, I probably would not use the father's first name as the baby's first name....maybe the father's first name for a middle name....or yeah, initials are a great idea.....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I would do what you feel comfortable with. If I had to choose, I would pick the name I wanted for the child I was going to love and raise on my own. If he wasn't dying he wouldn't be apart of your child's life anyways, so when your child is older he'll ask why was his father so important to you that you decided to name me after him. and your response would be, not sure.
    luvmybgtwins

Answer by luvmybgtwins at 12:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• if i knew he was goin to be a dead beat dad i would give any part of his name..he can put his name on the bc just for SSI purpose but no need in givin him his name an he dont want to take responsibility..
    no if he were dying i would def give him the name an make him a jr..or if a girl the initials..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 3:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Dying wish, I would use his name somehow. Otherwise, if he wasn't going to be in my child's life, no I would not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If it's his dying wish and if it wasn't for him dying he'd be in the child's life, sure I'd use his name, prob give my son his middle name or something. If it was a girl and I couldn't feminize his name, I'd use his initials.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 9:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If he's choosing to not be involved in the child's life, then no. If you love him and he wants to be there but is terminally ill, well that's a different story and I would fit at least part of his name (if not all) for that reason.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• If it's a dying wish, sure I would use it. Maybe not the whole name, but definitely the same first and last name as the father. If the father wasn't dying and wasn't going to be in the child's life, then no, I would not name my child after the father. You both have to agree on a name anyways, you can't just do it because he wants it. You have to agree too. I think using the same initials as the father for a little girl is a great idea.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The only reason i would name my child after the father would be because of a dying wish, and that would have to be the only reason he isnt in my childs life. Might sound harsh to some but i will not name my son after my husband when i have one. I really dislike naming the kids after the parents... seems.... self-centered. I love using other family names though. If i knew that the father of my child wasnt going to be around then i wouldnt even consider his input towards anything in my or my childs life including the naming process.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• what sort of a dad would he of been?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2010