How to deal with all the temptations of the black friday sales when you have no extra income?

We are broke. Our next paycheck has to go to rent. We weren't going to buy gifts until our mid month paycheck. But we would save so much money by buying tomorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• Why would you have to buy tomorrow? Stores are having great sales every day from now until Christmas. The stuff that they put out for the Black Friday Sales are going to be no different than any other sale. Trust me, last year Walmart had those little kid pajamas for weeks after the BIG sale. To me, there is nothing that I can't just go out and buy any other time. In fact, I've already bought most of the gifts I am going to give.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• That is the samething for us as well. I am just waiting til mid month to get stuff cause there is always deals going around during the season. Black friday fun to go shop but they still have deals that go on during the month ..
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I would rather have a roof over my head they save extra money.. Where will you put your stuff if you don't pay your rent..
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Im in the same boat with you. Its all that media hype and commercial crap. You and me need to slow it way down this year. Instead of getting all frantic about the crap we dont need to buy tomorrow, how bout thinking of things we can make for loved ones. People that go out of their way to make our lives easier all year long. Maybe some inexpensive craft progects with the kids this weekend. How bout decorating the house early? I never do that, Im always so busy running around crazy. If you think about it Black Friday is the beginning of the craziness of the season, not the reason behind the season. The kids and hubby will be well taken care of, just like every year. breathe and enjoy the time we have right now.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I hate Black friday. The only reason I have ever gone to Black Friday was not to shop but to watch people make raging bull idiots of themselves. Here's a tip...I like to do my shopping in January and February of that year. It is really when the best deals are around.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• That's a tough one seeing how it comes every year I maybe would try and resist if you can and save for next year when the sales hit you might be better off but saving money is always a good thing. Can you maybe not pay rent what would the landlord say? I don't know what else to tell you other then this sorry =(
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Just google all the websites talking about what a big ole scam BF is. Think of the people standing outside Wal Mart and Best Buy waiting for that flat screen TV when there are usually only 4 in stock per store. Watch youtube videos of people crushing each other for a zhu zhu pet. After you have done that, breathe a sigh of relief and be glad that you are not falling for it after all.

I'm in the same financial boat as you are. I have to wait until the middle of the month to start buying gifts too.

Did that help?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Thanks everyone. You were all very helpful.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• tzsa...you are so right! I went to Best Buy two years ago at 3:30am and stood in a line 200 people long for 3 hours. There really was only 4 of a hot item in stock. It was such a huge disappointment. I left with one cd for dd, and it wasnt even on sale. Never again, no one go to Best Buys!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• priorities.......................don't go shopping!

Answer by older at 12:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2010