Both my 11 year old daughter and my 4 year old son want a pillow pet for Chunukah but I can only afford one, which one should I give it to?

I can't bring myself to spend $20 on a pillow but I have a $10 gift card to a store that carries them so I will by one. But for whom? They each gave me a list of 20 items and it was #1 on both of their lists. However, my 11 year old circled the things she REALLY wants and it wasn't circled.

They both are getting many other gifts that I'm sure they will love!

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• Neither one. It would be hurtful to buy it for one and not the other unless another family member will buy the second one

Answer by admckenzie at 12:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Instead of buying them one of the many other things they are going to love, buy them both a pillow pet and fewer other gifts. Or ask your 11-yr-old if she prefers somethings else.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Give it to both and tell them to share. Keep it in a common area near some books or something so they can both use it.

OR don't buy it for either and spend the money on something else. If it was #1 on BOTH list and you only buy it for one then you are just inviting HUGE fights into your home.
    Anonymous

• Neither, that way there's no hard feelings
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The four year old.
    5 and Below has something similar or maybe the same. They look the same in the ad. For only $5. If they are you could get one for both for $10
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• neither
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• sorry entered to fast...I think it should be something to consider as a gift for another day...when you can afford to get bot of them one.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Probably neither. I wouldn't want to see either of my kids crushed because one got something that both desired. Or I'd make it a point to ask grandma/grandpa/whoever else is buying for them to get one if I absolutely couldn't afford to get one for each.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Check out ebay first and only use the gift card if you can find one for the second. Trying to get two children to share is hard. So maybe checking around for a second one by other methods may work. Just checked ebay and the cheapest one is 8 dollars and then you could use the card for the other. Low cost solution at its finest.
    Hope this helps and happy holidays
    souljawifee

Answer by souljawifee at 1:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I would hold off gettin it for either child. This way no one feels left out of jealous.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2010