My 4 year old has a "friend" (Spirit or Ghost) Dunno if there is a differance....

I think my house has some kinda spirit. Yesterday Alinza was in her room talking to someone... not herself but like there is someone there and today A toy going off in her room... her favorite toy at that. Alinza hasnt been here since last night she went to her daddy's.
A few weeks ago she was going up the stairs and said "Dont push me I hate you".... there was no one there. My neice Callie was in the living room (away from Alinza and the steps). Was "someone" there maybe just that we could see???
Have you, anyone you know esp. a child ever had this spirit????

LoveIsBeingAMom

Asked by LoveIsBeingAMom at 12:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't go to a therapist!!! They won't understand and will consider it a "problem"

Use a medium or someone along that lines who can understand and relate to them.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• It's very common for kids her age to have imaginary friends. She was probably talking to a friend of her imagination, my daughter had one for 3 months in the summer when school was off and most of her friends were out of town.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Sounds like a ghost, not a spirit (yes, there is a difference). I would talk to her, find out what or who she is seeing. She may be able to give you some details - what the ghost looks like, what their name was/is, or even why they are there. And talking to her will be your best way to find out if this is something worth worrying over. Many times children are able to see or interact with ghosts when adults are not. Adults have trained themselves not to see these things, where children haven't. If you're worried, the best bet would be to have your daughter simply ask the ghost to leave, or you can do it. If that doesn't work, you can do a basic cleansing or blessing... Either way though, if you aren't uncomfortable once you get more details, you may not see a need... I generally welcome them, but unlike you, I can see them, so I think that makes things very different.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I agree with mygirlpaige, most kids her age have imaginary friends.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 1:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• An imaginary friend when the child said "Dont push me I hate you". Yeah I don't think so. Most imaginary friends are just that friends. They play whatever the child wants them to play and take the blame if the child knows they will get in trouble for doing something they knew was wrong. I'd say there probably is a spirit there. See if your child can give you more details like a name or type of clothing they are wearing. Then you can help send the spirit on to where they truly belong.
    Anonymous

• My oldest DD when she was young, had an imaginary friend. she would talk to all the time. that is probably what is happening.

Answer by louise2 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I had one... My parents said they think he was my grandfather that passed away when my dad was 12. His name was jake & had alot of the same "facts" as my grandfather did (his house burned down so he came to live with us). I dont remember him much but i do remember when he left he just walked through the wall. and i never seen him again. i was probably starting school about that time.

My daughter has 2. but they have a really odd names. she talks about them. they live in california, pasadena (we live near pasadena, tx) but she will say "they are my imaginery friends".. IDK if this is because someone has said that to her, or if she understands she is just playing with something in her head..

Ive heard it is common in only child families..
    I was not an only child by birth. but my sisters where much older than me so i didnt see them alot/ they had moved out already (12yr diff).

Dont worry! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• And for anon..
    My daughter (4yo) doesnt always get along with her "friends".. she will get mad that 1 is playing with a toy she wants or whatever..
    Kids learn alot through role play.. fighting/disagreeing/ect. is part of the role playing.. my dd has put her dolphines in time out in the bathtub because they kept poking her! lol...

The only time i would worry is if the child seems to be controlled by this friend in a way that effects her overall happiness.. depressed.. withdrawn.. or anything like that.. but i am guessing this is just a very commong imaginary friend
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I need to know what your faith is first before I can even answer this question. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GHOST THEY ARE DEMONS AND DO NOT GO TO A MEDIUM OR ANYONE WHO IS SUPOSE TO DEAL WITH GHOSTS OR SPIRITS THEY ARE ALL DECIEVED BY DEMONS. There is a possibilty that she has a make pretend friend most children do. Keep a close eye on her to make sure. If you are a christian I would pray to be on the safe side. I never have to worry about that because only one Ghost or Spirit lives in my house and that's the Holy Ghost. He has complete reign over my house my life and my children's lives. God bless you and be careful evil isn't something to fool with
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 5:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2010