What's Keeping Your Holiday Spirit Down This Year?

Mine is this year as the past 7 years is the death of my youngest DD. I cry when Christmas songs come on, and when I see her son grow and get more upset missing her. My son I haven't see in 2 yrs this Christmas due to a DIL thing and I miss him also, praying I have a chance someday to see him. BUT, with my DD I don't have a chance, and it sure ruins my Holidays. I try the best I can for my DD and the other Gr-Chd, but it sure is hard. Bah Hum Bug!!

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• Wow I'm so sorry. Thats a holiday ruiner for sure. Hearts out to you.

For me, it seeing my boys growing up and seeing them outgrow that Xmas magic more and more. Makes it a bit less fun. It was exciting and they were little and got all excited about Santa coming.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My hubby is not here to spend it with us. We are military and a ways away from family so I invited some friends over. It is just not the same without certain people though
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I'm so very sorry. My life sucks big time but then I hear something like this and look at my two kids...I can't even imagine. Many hugs to you...8-D
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Oh, so sorry. I hope you get a chance to see him. And I wish you can help give your grandchild everything he misses as much as you can!

Me, I adopted a baby boy a month ago and now his birth mom "changed her mind" and wants him back. Like she gave me a puppy, not a child. We're going to court and I don't know what's going to happen :(
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 1:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Wow, That is a real downer! So sorry! But look on the bright side you see her son, your grandson grow into the man she can only hope he would of been. It's a miracle that you have someone from her that will live on in your heart.
    My downer is that my daughter has lost all of her grandparents on my husbands side in the last 4 years. I still have my parents so that's a blessing for me and her for now. I am sad that I will never have another Holiday birthday or day to day with my inlaws ever. Life is short we have to make the best of it we can. Hugs to you!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• lost my grandfather this year
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• hugs  to you Mama!!!     Being so far away from family and having my son has me a little down as well...

Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Im sorry :(
    This year I am really hurting because Me/Dh are 27yo w/ 4yo DD.. we have always lived with my mom & this last week we told her we'd like space of our own. this has turned into a major event. my mom isnt talking to much about it, like everything is cool, but she wants to sell her house. and my sister is stepping in saying her, her boyfriend, & 19yo son will move in with her. I just dont see mom happy with that, but i think that choice (in her mind) is better than being alone.
    Its just very depressing. We want our space, its not unreasonable. we would be 100% satisfied with 2 homes on 1 land. This little thing seems to be turning my family all around.. and now im just worried about my mom.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2010