What is the best way to deal with a biting, hitting, and general aggresive 2year old?

I run a home day care. I have had a 2year old girl full time for about 8weeks. She has recently become very aggressive. I know there is a hundred and one reasons why a toddler bites, but my main concern is biting and hurting victims that are minding there own business. Examples: She was sitting in a chair, my daughter, also 2, was singing and walked by, the little girl grabbed her hair and pulled out a chunk for no reason at all. Next example: My mom was pulling kids in the wagon. My 2 yr old, a 1year old, and the little girl. They all had there own space. Within 2minutes of the little girl riding, she moved over and bit the 1 year old on the arm, again, no reason, no provoking. This is very stressful for me, and goes on and on all day. What do the other moms think about this? Thanks. I've never seen anything like it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Whips, chains and a cage!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I'd keep a close eye on her but would quickly teach her the No Biting, No hitting rule. Obviously no one is working with her at home so you may be the only one who takes the opportunity to help guide her. Let's just hope the parents are not encouraging her to act inappropriately.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Well, when I have issue's like this were I work I'll reinforce the idea of a consequence for the childs bad behavior. Remove the child who is doing the bad hehavior after showing how that child hurt the other (show were the bite is, the hair pulled from head) Let the child no that what they did will not get them any attention but removed from the fun for a period of time you choose. (removed from wagon ride till behavior is good) Works for me and the problems of bad behavior are truly far and few in between. Good Luck!
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 9:04 AM on Nov. 26, 2010