Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dhs/child support recovery.. Help me question...

I am on medicade/i am pregnant with my and my boyfriends second child. me and my boyfriend went through something and i ordered child support thinking i would be a single parent... we have been together for more then a year. we are developing and trying to work together to get everything we want. we do not want to get married right now.

they took his license because he cant pay. - we will in an area where finding a shitty job is hard. I want the child support to stop because i get every penny he gets to take care of me and our children and whatever else i need. Please help is there anyway to stop child support even if i am on medical assistance???

Answer Question

Asked by MoMoFu at 1:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 19 (7,735 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Yes, you can cancel your child support, there should be paperwork you can fill out together. Hopefully things work out between you and you don't need that money down the line.

    Answer by skittles1108 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

  • Talk to your DHS caseworker to make changes to your household/income and claim that he is part of the household. They should be able to waive support if he is on your file. You will need to supply his SS card and income and proof that he lives with you.

    Answer by sweet29mom at 1:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

  • I would call your social worker he will probably still have to pay state fees and court costs but other then that they should beable to cancel it.

    Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 3:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

  • thats great. we dont actually live together though... we can't afford it. I'm a full time student and i work a 7.25$ an hour job... i have a loan out to fix my car... he doesnt have a car.. we are in sure a rut . I am calling DHS Monday tho.. before he is put in jail. i waited over a year to even consider revoking child support in case this didn't work out. I've done well to protect myself. but now my boyfriend has grown up and he is really trying. it'll be a hard road but him getting sent to jail (next step right?) is not going to help our family if he is trying to get himself together.

    thank you guys! happy thanksgiving

    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

  • I'm confused. So you're living together again? If not, why would you want the child support to stop? And, what do you mean they took his licence? His driver's licence?

    Answer by HotMama330 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

  • No we arent living together. I dont need the state to help me get money from him i see him every day. we have been dating a year.we cannot afford our own place at this time- that mixed with the fact that i am 31 weeks... there is the possibility that i could give birth anytime now... I am staying with my mother as he stays with his so that i can finish school and work as much as possible. Yes his drivers license.


    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.