What are home remedies for oil burns?

I was making my stock for turkey gravy and the oil splattered. This huge oil bubble exploded on my wrist. I have a burn the size of a quarter. What can I do to help it?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Health

• cool water, cool cloth. wrap loosely in clean cotton or gauze. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING on it, unless you have real "burn cream". If it blisters DO NOT pop it. If it pops on it's own, keep it covered.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• OUCH! Do you have any vitamin E capsules? I'd break one open and apply it so it heals faster and doesn't scar...I'm sorry that had to happen to you today! =(
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If you have an Aloe plant, cut a leave and open it exposing that slimy stuff and put it on your burn, guarantee, you will it will not blister and it will not hurt as much.

Answer by older at 1:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Vitamin E, aloe or tea compresses...other than that...not much else
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• *will not*

• cold water will take some of the burn out, if not blistered, apply A&D ointment. cover loosely.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Tea bag. That's really interesting! My arm looks kinda like the turkey skin. LOL but I'm gonna make it.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• pure vanilla cools it (plus it makes you think of cookies which is always good)
    pixidst73

Answer by pixidst73 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• aloe
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2010