Would you work today, if your job offered you double time?

Or would you say no b/c it is a holiday?

I would work, I really would!!

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, I would. It wouldn't be difficult to celebrate the tradition of giving thanks tomorrow, Saturday, or Sunday. You would lose nothing and gain valuable resources for your family.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If where I work was open I sure would! We had our thanksgiving on tuesday so my S/O could enjoy it with us as well(he drives truck and had to hit the road last night). So today is basically just another day in our house and I would rather be working, I'm bored!
    Allie_kat1

Answer by Allie_kat1 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I worked today. Got time and a half. It was my scheduled day to work. didn't have a choice.

Answer by louise2 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I do not work, don't have to but even if I did, there is nothing that would keep me away from having this day of family happen, no way!

Answer by older at 1:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If I had a job...sure!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• yes
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I have in the past worked and not even gotten double time for it but that's why I work at the school now I get paid and I don't have to work
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• When I had a job I always offered to work on Thanksgiving. I don't celebrate it nor does my family so I never saw a reason for someone else who would celebrate it to have to spend their day working when I could do it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I'm a nurse and yes am working right now. Hospitals are open 24/7,we all have to take turns on holidays. Interesting to read responses that state that "no way" would they work. If you had to come to the ER with your child you would be grateful there are staff working!
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 10:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I work 7 nights a week 365 days a year(unless theres car trouble and even then still work somtimes). That does include Thanksgiving and Christmas and I do not get paid overtime.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2010