Have you ever taken your last X $$$$ in your account to invest in a business?

I don't want to know your business, see your website-
I just want your success stories!

Be honest. If you like, answer anon

How much do you make now? Did it improve your financial situation? Did you make your money back right away? If not, how long?

If you had a crap experience, please share that too--including which company, and what was wrong with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• We are in the process of starting one of a few businesses that we have planned to start. Our first two sales were so easy it was literally scary for us. We had bought an suv that needed some work, my husband a mechanic, fixed the vehicle. We asked $5200 for it with an investment of $3800 and were willing to take $4800 for the suv. The first guy who looked at it had to have it. He traded us his Subaru WRX that he had on Craigslist for $12,500. The Kelly Blue Book on the vehicle was $9010. We were very skeptical because he was taking such a loss but went through with the deal. We kept the car for a week making sure there was nothing wrong with it. All it needed was a $65 sensor. We ended up selling the car (again to the first person who looked at it) for $8000! So we originally had $3800 in the suv add $65 for the sensor we had a profit of $4135!!!!!!! We made $4135 in a month.
    Anonymous

• That's an amazing story---I know there are more people with stories like this! I'm one of them, but I want to see others!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes, I did use our last $100 to invest in Mary Kay once. I did write about it on my website, but I won't give you the website since you said not to, lol. If you are planning on investing in something, make sure you do your research first!
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 8:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• To be honest, it takes most new businesses up to 48 months before they become profitable. At that rate, if you invested the last of your money, you'd be in the poor house in no time and would have gone out of business.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• To hotmama---
    seriously? I made my money back in the first 30 days with both businesses.
    Tax time is really going to suck!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• First I invested in Work At Home United-Melaleuca, flopped! Maintaining monthly points just to quailify as a distributorwas a pain in the butt, I spent $75 a month, I made $10 in six months-no lie!
    Usana, expensive!!! to get started, $950 and $125 to $250 a month for a year. Also needed to maintain point requirements every month to keep distributor status in hopes to make any money, I made $25 in a year.
    I currently work as a Rep with another company. The only money I put out each month is for my own product (not required,I happen to love it and I more then make back my $44 dollars a month). Low start up, great product. I am making $1250 a month. Did my research on the company this time. Talked to people doing the business, and decided to take a leap of faith based on the product. Third time was the charm.
    Anonymous

• Nope... worse. We spent money we didn't have on a business that we didn't know squat about and we failed miserably. I'd rather not go into the gory details of it.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010