would you put your kid on a leash

i was watching What would you do on abc the other night and they did a story bout parents putting kids on a leash when they are bad. I would never do that to my kids no matter how bad they are would you ?

yankeegirl87

Asked by yankeegirl87 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hell no!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• To keep him from running I did. Not as a punishment

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• well i havent personally but im not opposed to them, i think some parents probably need them
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• but would you tie them up outside like dogs and go into a store and leave them alone
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I never used them as punishments, but as a mom of triplets with three newly walking toddlers and only two hands they were a life saver...SO SO SO much better than the stoller that doesn't even fit in the truck that has to have hitch to ride on the back of the truck...
    IAMmomtotrips

Answer by IAMmomtotrips at 2:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My little brother was a major handful. You could never take your eyes off of him for a second. He would literally try to push a moving car out of the way if you did not keep a hold of him when we were out in public. So my mother got one of those wrist straps that stretches from him to her so that she could keep up with him and he would not out run her and get hurt. at that time she was also very pregnant with yet another one of my brothers so moving fast was not happening for her. So for something like that yeah but as for punishment NO WAY NOT GONNA HAPPEN. That is abuse in my opinion to tie them up outside.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• yes. i have used them.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Some kids need to be on a leash and a muzzle.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I did...once. As a new parent, I assumed once my son started walking I'd need a leash to keep him close if we were at a festival or something. But he always stayed close by and if he did run he'd always come back or wait for me. I used it once at a festival but it wasnt very useful so I threw it in the goodwill donation box
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I used one when my oldest was a baby, but not as punishment. I used it when we were out places. They have those ones that is almost like a back pack, we used that because she hated to be in the stroller, but wouldn't hold your hand to walk beside you so I used it, but that is the only reason I used it never used it with my youngest and never would I use it for punishment.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2010