Should I be upset?

My husband called his son to wish him a Happy Thanksgiving. Well his son said that he wanted to tell me Happy Thanksgiving too. We said Happy Thanksgiving to each other and told one another "I love you.". Then I handed the phone back to my husband. The BM then got on the phone and informed my husband that I was not to talk to my SS, but she gave no reason why.

Should I be hurt about this or should I just let it go?

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 3:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Let your husband handle it.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• She is probably jealous. Has ss ever called you mom before? If so she is probably threatened that she is being replaced. Jmo. If it happens again ask dh to get involved to see why she won't let you talk to ss.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Maybe she is jealous because you have a better relationship wit your son than she does with her own. You didn't do anything wrong and I don't think there is anything that justified what she said. Just let it go. But if it happens again, then your husband needs to talk to her.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No, SS has never called me mom before. He calls me by my name. I think its just the fact that she and I never did get along, even in middle school, when I was dating BF before her. I think she is just mad that when they broke up BF and I got back together, we are now married and have a child on the way. I believe that she justs wants SS to feel towards me the same way she feels towards me and thats just not right.
    soon2bmmy

Comment by soon2bmmy (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It would be hard to not let that hurt your feelings :( I would let your husband deal with it and not make too big of a thing out of it. She is probably just being territorial.
    Denise859

Answer by Denise859 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 26, 2010