At what age is a good age to start potty training?

1stmomhope

Asked by 1stmomhope at 3:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We did it at 25 months, but I think we would have done well sooner, if life had allowed. Do it when the time is right.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My daughter will be 27 months when we "officially" start- she's been peeing on the potty inconsistently since she was about 20 months, but with our conflicting crazy schedules it's been hard to plan a week of strictly relaxing with the potty.. so.. next month.. big girl undies here we come!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Hmm. IMO somewhere between 17-18 mos and 2 1/2 years. =) Typically you want to try to have them potty trained by 3 yrs. but not to worry if they are not by then, every child is on their own schedule =) GL
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I think it just whenever the child is really ready to start.
    my son just turned 2..and has ZERO interest in the potty...I won't push it until I think he's ready. I think he'll do better if I know he's truly ready.
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 1:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2010