bummed :( Thanksgiving has not turned out how I planned so far

we went to my mom's first and we all had a good time there. we showed up early so i could help mom in the kitchen and make deviled eggs (which turned out awesome, thank you ladies for the great recipes!) and my husband wasn't too bored, he watched some of the game and played with the kids outside and talked to my dad a bit. about a good hour after we ate he was giving me the signal to leave, and i knew we should anyway cause we still had to go to his grandparent's. well turns out the nurses were over at his grandparent's checking on his grandpa, and his mom said if anything he can come by himself later. that just turned my mood upside down for the rest of the day. how insulting? i thought Thanksgiving was suppose to be about family. i know his grandpa isn't doing well, we're not expecting food just a good visit for a little bit. the kids haven't seen them in months. i really wanted to spend time with both of our families today :( and now here we sit at home, him playing call of duty and me complaining on the computer while the kids take a nap.... :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• sorry your thanksgiving was bad.. Mine was not that great either.. alot of emotional, hidden, drama going on around us at the moment..
    my dh is playing COD as well right niw.. How I hate that game!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• and it also bothers me that he wanted to leave right away for what? to come home and play freakin video games? nobody helped my mom do the dishes, i wanted to stay longer and help but i was tired of him nagging me to go home. i find it so rude that my mom is stuck with doing all those dishes and she's the one who cooked.. my grandma & aunt should've helped too but instead they made their "to-go" plates of leftovers and went home. ugh i feel like shit!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Don't take it personally. Old people sometimes get excited when kids and other family members come around. The excitement may hurt the grandpa. You are home together. That's something. You could be all alone with no thanksgiving dinner, no vehicle to go anywhere and no one to talk with. oops, that 's me.
    Anonymous

• aww, anon! im sad for you. happy thanksgiving anyway, hope your day gets better
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• yes this day sucks
    my dad is dead so no time with his grandchild
    mom my gets call from priest to see how she is (he assumes she is alone)
    she tells priest, no not alone, my daughter moved here oct 1st with her three year old daughter who has autism, it is devastating and heartbreaking and i do not have time to think

sucks!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• and how could i forget, left daughter father two months ago because he informs me that he has been in this weird anal crap for 30 years and if i do not do it to him-i can leave=so i left

thankful for this year almost over, wonder what next year will bring

maybe my brother can get a new kidney and not have to be on dialyisis 4 days a week
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2010