I see dead people. ...... But I can't really wrap my mind around it.

Working in a retirement home since a year and a half now. This week another of my patients died and I got to see her today. Honestly, she looked beautiful! But I can't really wrap my mind around it. She's lying there, but it's not the person you used to know anymore. And every time I sort of squint and check the chest for a couple of seconds. No ... it's really NOT moving anymore. (Who would have guessed.) It's weird. It feels weird. But actually I hope I never will get used to it. Okay guys, I just needed to share that thought

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I get where you're coming from. I have worked home hospice care as an LVN, one of my duties is to prepare my patients who have passed for their families to come in and see and pay last respects. It's a very surreal experience to say the least.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i always pray for the dead people and i know that they really need it...i really want to work on a place like yours,i wish i can ...just whisper a prayer for them and i think it will mean a lot to them...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2010