So ladies....

Last night I asked my 4 year old son...."What are you thankful for this year Evan"? He said, "I'm thankful for YOU mommy. And I'm thankful for aunt Jenn, and uncle Shawn, and Amauri, and Alexis, and Keyanna, and Savon". I'm so lucky to have such a sweet little boy.
Did any of you ask your children what they're thankful for?

TARARENEE

Asked by TARARENEE at 5:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Aw, how sweet.
    No, I haven't, but I'll do so tomorrow.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I thought it was and wanted to share =)
    TARARENEE

Comment by TARARENEE (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• hahaha
    i talk to her all the time
    once when i asked her "how was school today" i ask her every day this question (therapy/special education)
    once she pointed to her backpack and said "please" i openned it and she said "picture"
    i was thrilled
    she is three and a half - 6 months younger than your child
    if i asked her what are thankful for, she would not response, she would not understand
    she is not using 'her' words today, nt letting me touch her much, not wanting any diaper change or clothes on today
    welcome to the world of autism- not thankful feeling today

not feeling to joyful about her progress today, maybe i was living in pretend land
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Our oldest asked our 3 year old what he was thankful for, and he said, "Mommy and Daddy". It was cute. We didn't even think he would know what he was talking about, but obviously he did. It melted our hearts.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My cousin's 4 year old said "My family, my pets and the ocean". Her 2 year old brother said "nothing". I guess he hasn't gotten the hang of it yet.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I asked my son who is 5 and he proceded to list every member of my family and his dad's. It was cute.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• yes... my oldest said "Isabella, not my sister Izzabella, but Isabella my friend"... at school. still cute.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My oldest said she was thankful for mom, my middle one said he is thankful for hockey! I loved both answers!! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Awww - that is so sweet!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My daughter told me she was thankful for "EVERYTHING!".....she's almost 4 =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:19 AM on Nov. 27, 2010