Is wanting your children to be quiet so damn wrong?

My boyfriend and our kids are noisy ALL THE TIME. My kids are 5 and 7, boys, and they play all day. When my BF is home he plays with them.
When he got home from work today the boys run on him screaming and they started playing football as soon as my BF's briefcase touched the floor.
I started yelling because there was too much noise and he said "come on, I just got home, let me spend some time with them"
He made me look like the bad guy. So I physically had to pick up the boys and take them to their room. Now my BF is mad at me.
I want some peace in my home, is that so wrong? And he's always with the kids, I need his time too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• No cause I feel the same way about mine. They're so Damn hyper..
    erlancindy

Answer by erlancindy at 5:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I need a break with just my bf...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I understand the noise part, but you should be happy he's not one of those men who come home after work and only see their kids for a minute before they send them to their rooms.. He actually likes spending time with the kids and that's awesome!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 5:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• sounds like heaven to me
    man wants to play loudly and rough with kids
    mom needs more quiet time of course

can i have this in my life, please

a few months ago before i left my man
    our daughter was sick, i was in bed with her, i called out to him for help (he was on computer) he came in bedroom, again isaid can you help, he said what the fuck do you want me to do, i said she is sick, how about be a dad, he went to bathroom, came back tossed some cough medicine on bed and went back to his computer ..to play "solitare" is that the new slang word for porn, guess so.

your life sounds so nice, i know it is just a slice and we all have problems, i would be happy if i had a day like that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My kids are the same way! I too would like some peace and quiet at times! But I always tell myself at least they are healthy and not just quiet all the time like they would have something major wrong with them!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Well if the weather is nice send them outside to play. You can also talk to your bf and pick one day a week when you will put the boys to bed a little early and just spend the night focusing on you two. If at all possible hire a sitter for that night and go out or if money is a problem take a walk. You should feel glad that the guys all have such a close and trusting relationship it doesn't happen often these days.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I think it is awesome and hilarious when my hubby plays with the kids.. the noisy part that bugs me is when the kids are fighting about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! They can play noisily with daddy all they want. But I do understand there are just some days where all you want is a little peace.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• There is something called an inside voice. Kids need to use it.
    kitty8199

Answer by kitty8199 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I can't handle noise well... I just can't. It makes me anxious and because of my inner ear condition loud noises and certain pitches really equal pain. With 2 very very active boys, I can understand exactly where you are coming from. Some days I just want to put them in their room and say "Don't come out til you can be QUIET!" Of course, that would never work anyways...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I would get some ear plugs and when he walks in put them in. That way you get your piece and quiet and they can run around and burn off some energy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2010