what is wrong with me

I called the hospital where I had a CT scan done(which was normal, even sinuses).. where they told me I had a migraine.. went to a different doctor and was told I had a sinus infection. Been on antibiotics and it's not relieveing anything.. I've been having major head pressure.. face/forehead/nose/eyes... it's off and on.. comes and goes

If the CT scan was normal a month ago when I was having similar symptoms,, what the heck is wrong with me? It doesn't feel like a migraine. This has never happened before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like a sinus infection
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Do you have allergies? I know my head pounds if my allergies are acting out! Hope you find out what is going on!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If it is a sinus infection, keep taking the prescribed medication. If you are taking sinus otc meds, they might dry up everything and be even harder to get out. Try putting a towel over your head and breathing the steam from boiling water. Also, try putting hot washcloths on your cheeks and forehead. Do that as hot and as long as you can stand it. It will loosen impacted mucus. A friend also squirts warm water up her nose to get out larger lumps. Get the blue bulb from drug store.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• if the meds aren't relieving the pain i would try and go back to the doctors to get rechecked. it does sound like a sinus infections, maybe you just need different medicines or something.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 7:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The only way I can get relief when I am having sinus pain like that, is to go on an nasal steriod like Veramyst. It takes about 2wks to do its thing, but then I will start getting all sorts of nastiness out of my head. Its a lot like a kid with chronic fluid in their ears - you can kill the bacteria off, but until the pressure is relieved, they stil have ear pain.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• It could be in your ears. I had double ear infection last year and had alot of the symptoms you described. It's worth looking into.
    pixidst73

Answer by pixidst73 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i would guess ears or allergies.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Try eliminating dairy for a couple of months

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2010