Do you think public proposals are romantic or entrapment for you to say yes?

I mean if you say no, that makes you the bad guy/girl right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• oooh- tough one.. i proposed to a guy in fron t of the TOWN many years ago.. and he didn't like it one bit. he didn't even answer and we never even picked a date even though he said he would get married... i'll never make that mistake ever again. next time there's a proposal in my life i'm waiting for the ring and the man to ask.
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 6:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Sorry to hear that alwms. Don't mean to bring back bad memories if I did...I'm just curious and wonder about it especially when I see it on tv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't know how I would react to a public proposal, if I said no it would hummiliate him I'd think even tho I still wanted to be with him, just not ready for marriage yet.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I love the thought that the man is willing to make a fool of himself in front of so many people. That's love. But he would have to be confident that you are going to say yes. And saying no in public would be very embarassing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my husband ask me at a very nice restaurant after getting everyones attention by tapping on his wine glass ....it was very romantic and someone bought us champane it was perfect .... I loved it
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 9:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I think it would be so romantic for a guy to propose in public. But i would think that you would say "yes" if you have been with him for any length of time, otherwise, maybe he is not the one for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• HA HA HA HA HA. I'm picturing that awkward scene in movies and on TV where the woman wants to say "no" but is trying to be nice. The man really should know the answer already, like they should talk about it ahead of time, that they do want to get married, so the surprise proposal turns out well.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008