tummy mummy what is a safe way to loose belly after baby there are so many products out there that promise to rid of belly fat in days...I can't seem to shed my tummy no matter what I do has anyone had any success with eitehr tablets, teas or drinks to help rid of my belly fat I go for walks and eat rather healthy ...much appreciated..I am a size 16 (australian standard size)

MommyBear335

Asked by MommyBear335 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Health

• I found a book at Barnes and Noble that I HIGHLY recommend. It's called Belly Fat Cure.  It's helped me understand the logic of why we can't shed that belly fat. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• at first i took all the pills and they did work but the cost was to much,when my hubby lost his job i knew i had do some thing i just eat less and climb stairs it took me yr but i had 17yr kid i was carrying his twin ,i am now in size 14 from size 24 and i know weight 145lbs from 285lbs i feel better, i had three tires around my mid ,at 53 i look great in skinny jeans some thing i have not worn since before i was married back then i was into size 9 , so eat less and work out ever thing you do around the house is a work out ,yes you can have piece of cake you just go do the laundry after that or dance around the house
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 6:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• healthy diet and exercise... personally i'd skip the hype of pills and drinks...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Have you looked at your portion sizes? I have eaten healthy foods for a long time, but I ate A LOT of them. When I started cutting back on my portions, that made a huge difference. I've also started clean eating, which has also made a big difference. I wrote a journal about clean eating because I've had people ask me about it, and I've also put it in a lot of answers, and not a lot of people seem to know about it.  Check it out.  It's not a fad diet, it's a lifestyle change.

I've also started running a few days a week, and exercising very regularly.  Walking can help, but I feel like I need more than that to lose weight.  I hit the gym to lift weights, and ride my bike as well.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Stay away from teh supplements. NONE of them work. There's no substitute for eating right and exercising. But most of us mortals will ALWAYS have a little post-baby pooch. Hell, Marilyn Monroe had a belly and never had a baby!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010