How early does Walmart put the Black Friday stuff out on the floor?

I went earlier today to pick up some groceries and a few things. Decided to get my son a coat (he's outgrown his) and saw some on a rack for $8 so I thought that was decent (I really didn't want to buy a $25+ coat) and got one. Went to go pay for it and it wouldn't ring up. It came up as "This item cannot be sold." The cashier wasn't sure why it did that, so she had someone check on it. Turns out if was for the "blitz" that starts at midnight.

Ok, so you would think they wouldn't put stuff out so early or that they would at least put a sign up or something that says it's not available for sale yet. I mean is it normal for them to put stuff out that early?

Wish I wasn't working tomorrow, I'd hit Walmart at midnight, LOL.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• Yeah they shouldn't put it out that early since the sale doesn't start until 12
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 7:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The Black Friday sales start at midnight.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• idk, last year, everything was in boxes, if it wasn't covered, someone was standing there watching it. they weren't allowed to touch it until 12...but you know that didn't happen lol. we all would grab it and put it in our carts when they weren't looking lol. guess it depends on where you are.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes! It's totally normal. They probably just hadn't gotten around to putting the signs up yet.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• no idea
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2010