Today....did anyone set anything...........

On fire by accident today?

* Years ago I was so busy chit-chatting and entertaining friends that I forgot about the sweet potato cassarole in the oven til it was too late and you could smell the burning!

I opened the oven to see flames shooting off the top of the marshmallows like it was the 4th of July in there! LOL Had to open the windows in the house to air it out! *

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 7:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I set spoon on stove to close to flame and it lit, but only for sec luckily i was paying attention
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 7:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No, not today .. but the first Thanksgiving after my wedding? when I had a houseful of guests? I set a dishtowel on fire!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Not this year. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The Turkey!!! My husband pulled the turkey out so I could baste it. I had the cover off to brown it. When he pushed the rack back in juices landed on the oven burners, when he closed the oven door I noticed flames! Threw some baking soda in there, put out the flames, LOL The turkey tasted awesome, the oven is another story! Thank God for self cleaning ovens!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• nope but a few years ago my hubby caught our stove on fire!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I burned up a pan that was steaming califlower in it. YUCK lucky for me my niece can smell. She saved me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010