have anyone ever had an ultrasound at 6 weeks? whats the earliest if im very high risks meaning ive miscarried two babies in the past?

hershey062006

Asked by hershey062006 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had one at 7 weeks. I am glad that they did. They found a small tear in the placenta and I was not allowed to lift anything over 5 lbs for several weeks. But he is a healthy happy 5 year old now.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• not sure I didn't have high risk, but I did have an altrasound with both of my girls between 6-8 weeks to conform my pregnancy and to see how far along I was
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• yeah i had one at 6wks, on accident. i had missed my period for 2 months, so we thought i was 2 months, but when they did the ultra sound turns out i was only 6. (they tried hearing for a heartbeat, but they didn't hear one so they went to the ultra sound) it's only a little dot. they normally don't see you until about 11 or 12 weeks, depends on the doctor. but they do an ultra sound or a heartbeat check the first doc appt just to be sure you are actually pregnant.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I had one at 5 weeks 6 days because I was bleeding and they wanted to make sure she was viable. They did a second one to at 8 weeks to check again. Typically they did it at 7-8 weeks at the office I go to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i just had an ultrasound and it placed me at 6 weeks 1 day. they saw a heartbeat, and everything looked ok. i had a miscarriage 6 weeks before getting pregnant this time. so 6 weeks is an ok time to have one just to check on baby
    heatheru78

Answer by heatheru78 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i've had ultrasounds at 6 weeks with both children...both times there was a heartbeat. i think before 6 weeks it's hard to tell if there's a heartbeat.
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I think my earliest ultrasound was at 8 weeks.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2010