know how you go to daycare, and you have the "hitter" and then the "hittee"?

Well, my 2yr old is the hitter. and the pincher. and the grabber. it doesn't help that her and her 3yr old brother fights all the time and they hit, grab, and pinch at each other all the time. DH and I are the referee, but it doesn't seem to be doing much good. i've tried what some have told me, just let them at it. but then they bring it to school (ds not so much, mainly dd) i've tried telling her to have nice hands, so then she butts them with her head. her nails are cut, she goes to time out for it, i've popped her hand and butt...Lord this child just doesn't get it. i'm out of options. anyone have ANY advice??? she used to not hit others, (unless someone wacked her first) just her brother, but in the past couple of weeks, she's the enforcer of it all. nothing's changed really, everything's been pretty normal...oh and she's been taking other's food!! like, she likes what i send her, but she'll eat that and grab someone elses just because she likes theirs too! i'm at the end of my rope!! banging head into wall

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DH has a 2 little sisters that are 3 and 5...both of them hit and pinch and are not punished by my MIL what so ever so when we have them and they pull that type of stuff we make them stand in the corner with their hands behind their backs with no toys and no TV....it seems to work quiet well. Other than that we swat the bottoms and put them on the couch in timeout.
    thutch21

Answer by thutch21 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My youngest went through a phase like that at day care when he was two...he was always rough housing with his older brother too...the day care moved him into another room and it all stopped...IDK why though
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Get the CDs love and logic for early childhood...It is AMAZING and will easily change this behavior...Its a process that is to long to go into here, but google it...It really does work...
    IAMmomtotrips

Answer by IAMmomtotrips at 8:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• My daughte went through a time where she was smacking me, her sister, and daddy in the face. She was around 18 months or so at that time. I would just hold her hands down and look her in the eyes, and firmly but gently say "We don't hit, our hands are not for hitting." Don't yell at her, and don't spank her, if you spank her for hitting it just tells her it's ok. At that age you don't have a whole lot to work with when something pisses you off. lol After a week or two of telling her not to hit she quit. She's 2 now and throws temper tantrums but doesn't his us anymore.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2010