Any dental people out there?

OK, My temp crown popped off my molar which had a root canal before. The temp has been in a little over 3 years. I know I should have had it taken care of just short on funds. I called dentist and he said not to chew on that side and keep it clean until Monday. I have rinsed with salt water, Listerine, Peroxide and there is a funky nasty odor coming from that area. Also, the gumline looks reddended. Is this something I should call the dentist back about or could it be irritated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Health

• It's probably just irritated. If it doesn't hurt, you can wait until Monday. By the way, I understand being short on funds and having to let something like this go.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Sounds like you have a slight infection because of the odor you smell. As long as it isn't hurting you should be fine to wait until Mon.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• you'll be fine. i had my temp crown fall off before and waited a couple years to get that shit fixed.
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• The smell and redness may be a infection.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• This is a temporary fix : Put a warm to hot tea bag on it. It may make it feel better and the tannic acid in the tea is astringent & antiseptic.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 10:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Thanks for the advice. I might give my dentist another ring because I didn't know it was red or smelly when I initially called him!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• i agree, rinse well and call. it could be infected or just irritated... but better be safe than sorry.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2010