Black Friday question?

I am planning on going to WalMart to get that computer that is on sale for $198.00. Yet, i have never gone to any Black Friday sales. I can't stand the amount of people and the crowds, that i just skip it and never go!.....But, this year they have that computer and i not only want it...I need it....My computer took a dump last week and i need a new one......

Anyhow, my questions are......

~ How do you know how many computers they have at that price?...And, if it's worth waiting in line if there's too many people there?

~ Do you have to wait in some line when you get there?

~ And do they offer "Rain checks" if your standing in line and don't get one?

Thanks Ladies!

gogogirl79

Asked by gogogirl79 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• My husband went there two years ago for a TV. If your Walmart is open 24 hours, you can go in and find the right spot and stand there in front of the display. They are covered by a plastic sheet and there is a Walmart employee standing there making sure no one grabs anything before it's time. You are allowed to lift the sheet to make sure you are by the right display. He says do not bring a cart! When it's time, they lift the sheet. You grab one and get the hell out of the way. I'm not sure if all Walmarts do it that way, but that's how they do it here in Las Vegas.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• black friday is hell...get there early and bring your taser
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• nope, it's first come, first serve. if your walmart starts the sale at 5am, get there at 3! GL momma!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes, there will be a line. everyone "needs" a computer for $198. No rain checks. In the fine print of our ads, it says there is only 15 at the store by our house. Possibly the same for yours.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• there is a fine art to black friday shopping...i have mastered my own routine but I have never tackled the wal-mart crowd! best of luck to you and be safe!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• ~ How do you know how many computers they have at that price?...And, if it's worth waiting in line if there's too many people there? If you are closer to the front of the line ( meaning the first 100 or so) then you most likely will get one. The store I used to work at had about 250.

~ Do you have to wait in some line when you get there? Depends on what time you get there. If you go right now probably not, but I have known people who will wait for days to get the item and will stay in line until then. If you go at 5 mins before the item goes on sale then you most likely should go back home because they will be gone by the time you get to the front.

~ And do they offer "Rain checks" if your standing in line and don't get one? Walmart does not do rain checks!!! They never have and more than likely never will. I worked there for years and they made it clear that they don't do rain checks!!! GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I looked at Walmarts ads and it does state on the back of the ad that they DO offer rain checks. Maybe not on the Black friday items...But, they do offer rain checks!...........I just don't know what time to go?....And, where is the line going to be?..........LOL

I mean, inside the store by electronics dept?...or outside?............LOL.........God, i am so illiterate about this!.....Ha ha ha!
    gogogirl79

Comment by gogogirl79 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• @ JulieJacobKyle......Alright!!!............Thanks for that...Now, i know what i am up against!....LOL...........Thanks so much for the info
    gogogirl79

Comment by gogogirl79 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• No Rain checks and Limited quantities on ALL items up for grabs. I would get there early so you can grab something.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2010