what does it mean when the doc. sees a sack but no baby???

nov 4th the doc did an ultrasound he says he seen a pregnancy but no baby im going for another ultrasound on dec. 2nd i feel prego im gaining weight and im sick all the time and im achy and right now im almost ten weeks so hopefully we will see a baby what do u think???

brystonsmami

Asked by brystonsmami at 9:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• possible molar pregnancy, i had one in 2001.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• at 7 weeks you would have seen something resembling a baby, but you could be a week off. at 6 weeks i think all they can see is a sac and if you dont know when you ovulated you could be 9 weeks pregnant instead of 10 weeks
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Blessing to you

i have no idea, but sending good wishes for great outcome
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Could also be a missed miscarriage. I had one last year. It's wear your body continues on like it's pregnant, but the baby has passed away at an earlier week. I lost my baby at 8wks 4days but didn't find out until I was 13wks 3days. It could be that OR you could have just been to early along to see a baby. PLEASE never give up hope! I hope it all works out for you and you can message me anytime if you need to. God Bless, Jaymi (HUGS)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• thanks for the input we will keep u updated im hoping it was just early and the babies going to be there when we do the next ultrasound on the 2nd ill keep u updated
    brystonsmami

Comment by brystonsmami (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• they told me the same thing with this pregnancy & scheduled another u/s and it turns out it was too early to see anything.... by my next u/s we were able to see a little bubble whuch the dr. called it a yolk sack ...so don't lose hope maybe your less weeks than you think =) keep us updated
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 9:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I think he meant the yolk sac.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• How far along were you when you had this u/s that only showed the sac? When I was 5.5 weeks all they seen was a gestational sac then at 7 weeks we got to see what looked like a little bean. Good luck

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:57 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I went to the hopspital at about a month with heavy bleeding, they told me they saw a sac but I should be prepared to miscarry. 2 weeks later I went for an ultrasound and they saw a heartbeat and it looked like a tiny peanut, think I was 6.5 weeks. But they still said to prepare myself for the worst because there was bleeding around the sac. However I am now alomost 4 months with a healthy little one growing with a great heartbeat, so never give up hope. My doctor said if you see a sac early on its a good sign and by 6 or 7 weeks they should definatly see a little bean looking thing. My doc also said sometimes they cant get a heartbeat until 12-14 weeks, but the good news is that a real ultrasound will definatly be accurate and atleast show a heartbeat even if you cant hear it on that machine thing yet. So keep the faith and good luck! Try not to let the waiting game drive you insane (I know, easier said than done!)
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010